“As each one has received a gift, use it to serve one another as good stewards of God’s varied grace.” Peter 4:10
Your planned gift to Catholic Charities ensures a lasting legacy for years to come. For almost 100 years, Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio has been serving the poor, protecting the vulnerable and welcoming the stranger in our community. Now imagine a future where neighbors no longer worry about going to bed hungry, families are stronger and children safe from neglect and abuse, and a community that welcomes new arrivals who quickly gain the skills to contribute fully to society. This is the future Catholic Charities is working to create. This can be your legacy
Regardless of your age, plan for your loved ones first by planning your estate to provide peace of mind and financial support. This includes creating your will, putting a living will in place, including a durable power of attorney and taking full advantage of your retirement plans. Then you can consider how you can support others by planning a gift that makes a lasting impact. Options include:
• Include a gift to Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio in your will.
• Designate a percentage of your retirement plan assets to benefit Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio after your lifetime.
• Designate a portion of your life insurance policy to support Catholic Charities after your lifetime.
• Donate appreciated stock you have owned for more than one year.
• Donate your home or another piece of real estate.
• Arrange a charitable remainder trust to benefit Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio.
• Establish a charitable lead trust that supports Catholic Charities and helps preserve your loved ones’ inheritance
Your planned gift to Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will assist thousands into the future as we serve the poor through the Second Harvest Food Bank and food pantries, protect the vulnerable through Family, Mental Health and Senior Services and welcome the stranger through the Refugee Resettlement and Su Casa Hispanic Center.
Catholic Charities continuously assesses the needs of the community, evaluates the strengths and outcomes of its programs and ensures its services are fulfilling critical outages unaddressed by other agencies. This results-oriented approach guarantees efficient and effective programs.
Last year, the lives of 120,000 of your neighbors were changed and our community strengthened through the generosity of people like you and John and Joan Scahill who left a bequest from their estate to Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio.
We hope you will consider a gift to Catholic Charities as you plan your estate. We can assist you with questions you may have about naming Catholic Charities in your will or living trust and refer you to financial advisors or attorneys for expert advice. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your support today and tomorrow.
Director of Mission Advancement