POSITION TITLE: Contract Grant Writer
FLSA STATUS: Contract
REPORTS TO: Director of Mission Advancement
WORK HOURS: Varies
LOCATION: Cincinnati, OH
DATE: December 2019
For 100 years, Catholic Charities has been committed to serving the poor, protecting the vulnerable and welcoming the stranger. The mission is to 1) SERVE the community to in turn serve the vulnerable; 2) ENLIGHTEN the community to see God’s love for the poor; and 3) EMPOWER the community so all God’s children rise from spiritual and material poverty.
Learn more at ccswoh.org.
The Contract Grant Writer will support the cultivation of charitable support from philanthropic business, corporate, government agencies and foundation donors primarily through the research, writing, and submission of grant proposals and reports. This position is located in Cincinnati, Ohio and will report for weekly meetings as prescribed.
- Research and identify prospective corporate, government and foundation donors for grant solicitation.
- Write accurate, comprehensive, and compelling grant proposals and letters of inquiry that conform to all requirements set forth by various funding guidelines, including: re-creating editable forms, assembling financial documents, creating program budgets, etc.
- Manage the preparation, submission, and tracking of assigned grant proposals, observing strategies and procedures for tracking grant research, solicitation, and progress in shared Excel database.
- Collaborate with Chief Operating Officer and program directors to assist in the preparation of
- Grantor outcome reports with accurate statistical and demographic program data as required.
- Quarterly forecast of prospective grant proposals, rated by priority, based on higher asks and greatest likelihood of funding.
- Collaborate with Director of Mission Advancement to guide strategy of cultivating relationships with prospective organizations, when appropriate.
- Maintain hard copy and computer database records of all grants submitted and received and research.
- Track deadlines to ensure grant applications, renewals, letters of inquiry and reports are submitted on time.
- Produce documents and correspondence necessary for effective grants management.
- Maintain a standing, weekly meeting (1-2 hours) with COO and Director of Mission Advancement for planning, reporting and strategy.
- Work directly with programs as needed to develop grants.
Submit proposal with work history and qualifications to:
Dan Sarell, Director of Mission Advancement
Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio
7162 Reading Road, Ste. 600
Cincinnati, OH 45237