For many of us, there comes a time when we must become the primary caretaker of an aging parent or spouse. This life-course change may be minor or become all-consuming. Caregivers need somewhere to turn. Since 1996, the Caregiver Assistance Network has been there. The Network provides a wide range of services, including:
- Support Groups – monthly support groups for more than 340 caregivers throughout Greater Cincinnati where caretakers meet to gain the support they need in their care (Hamilton, Butler, Warren, Clermont & Clinton County).
- Workshops – relevant workshops on issues faced by caregivers.
- Podcasts – Videos on various caregiver issues.
- CAREline – a toll-free hotline providing resource information 1-866-635-9716, referrals and support.
- White Mass – an annual recognition honoring caregivers of all faiths at St. Peter in Chains Cathedral downtown.
Through these services, caregivers can learn how to take care of their family member and gain valuable resource information they need to care for their loved ones. Caregivers can also learn how to take care of themselves and avoid isolation, burn-out or illness. Importantly, caregivers can learn how to maintain a loving relationship with their family member. If you have a question about care giving, please contact us.
Find the latest schedule of workshops.
We are always in need of volunteers.
There is also a growing need and your donation would allow us to expand our services to serve more caregivers and their loved ones.